10″ Regular Cut Steel with 2K Ergonomic Handle
#7317125-63: Regular cut abrasion effectively restores your knife edge after frequent use. Round steel shape eliminates edges on the steel that may damage the knife cutting edge.
Slip-proof surface, even when wet or greasy. Ergonomic handle with distinct finger guard. Hygienic and safe. Meets food regulation requirements.
Made in Germany with the highest quality materials, construction, and design
How to Sharpen a Knife Using a Sharpening Steel
- Hold the steel firmly in your hand with the guard positioned to stop the blade should it slip.
- Hold the knife in your other hand and place on top part of steel.
- Raise back of blade one-eighth inch.
- Moving the blade only, draw it across the steel in an arching curve, pivoted at your wrist. The blade tip should leave the steel about two-thirds of the way down.
- Repeat the same action with the blade on the bottom side of the steel. Always maintain the same pressure and angle on both sides of the steel.
- Repeat five or six times.
Holding the sharpening steel in your hand
The steel also may be placed on a surface for sharpening