12″ Diamond Sharpener
#07613: This 2-in-1 tool restores factory-sharp edges with a light touch or creates new cutting edges by applying a little added pressure to remove material.
Features microcrystalline industrial diamonds for rapid resharpening and an oval shape to provide maximum sharpening surface.
Easy-to-clean, white Sani-Safe® polypropylene handle features a textured, slip-resistant grip that prevents fatigue.
How to Sharpen a Knife Using a Sharpening Steel
- Hold the steel firmly in your hand with the guard positioned to stop the blade should it slip.
- Hold the knife in your other hand and place on top part of steel.
- Raise back of blade one-eighth inch.
- Moving the blade only, draw it across the steel in an arching curve, pivoted at your wrist. The blade tip should leave the steel about two-thirds of the way down.
- Repeat the same action with the blade on the bottom side of the steel. Always maintain the same pressure and angle on both sides of the steel.
- Repeat five or six times.
Holding the sharpening steel in your hand
The steel also may be placed on a surface for sharpening