14″ Regular Cut Steel
#7655135: Regular cut abrasion effectively restores your knife edge after frequent use. Round steel shape eliminates edges on the steel that may damage the knife cutting edge.
Features a durable handle with hang ring. Hygienic and safe. Meets food regulation requirements.
Made in Germany with the highest quality materials, construction, and design
How to Sharpen a Knife Using a Sharpening Steel
- Hold the steel firmly in your hand with the guard positioned to stop the blade should it slip.
- Hold the knife in your other hand and place on top part of steel.
- Raise back of blade one-eighth inch.
- Moving the blade only, draw it across the steel in an arching curve, pivoted at your wrist. The blade tip should leave the steel about two-thirds of the way down.
- Repeat the same action with the blade on the bottom side of the steel. Always maintain the same pressure and angle on both sides of the steel.
- Repeat five or six times.
Holding the sharpening steel in your hand
The steel also may be placed on a surface for sharpening